This service provides for the inspection of vehicles for roadworthiness and the issuance of Road Worthiness Certificates.
Road Worthiness Certificates have differing life spans, dependent upon the category of vehicle;
- 1 year for goods vehicles
- 6 months for passenger transport vehicles
- 3 months for vehicles being registered or licensed
- Vehicles three (3) years old and above (prior to initial registration and upon expiration of existing certificates)
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle mass greater than 3500kg (within 3 months of being licensed)
- Public transport vehicles
- Download and complete application for vehicle road worthiness form and submit along with supporting documents at the Vehicle Testing Centres under the country .
- Pay the required fee . If the vehicle does not currently have a valid licence, also pay for license (or temporary licence).
- Submit vehicle to the Vehicle Testing Station for examination by Vehicle Examiner, the vehicle should be registered at the entrance.
- Upon passing the examination, proceed to the Registration & Licensing Officer to collect Road Worthiness Certificate.
Note: If the vehicle fails the examination, the owner must rectify the specified faults and book for re-examination, if made within 7 working days, no extra costs charged . Only two re-examinations are allowed.
- Customs clearance and Police clearance certificates (for vehicles that exceed 3 years of age and are yet to be registered in Botswana)
- Original vehicle registration document / blue book (for vehicles already registered in Botswana)
- Certified copy of applicant’s national identification card (for vehicles that exceed three (3) years of age and are yet to be registered in Botswana)
One (1) working day.
As per the pricing schedule attached.
Visit any of the Department of Road Transport and Safety vehicle testing centers for assistance.
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.