This is transfer of ownership of vehicle to the second party.
All citizens and residents.
- Submit original registration book completed and signed by both the current and the new owner to the Registration and licencing officer.
- Pay prescribed fee determined by vehicle weight.
Applicants are required to submit the following;
- Current original registration book completed and signed by both parties
- Certified copies of valid identities for both current and new owners
- For all organisations, registration book must be stamped and signed by an authorized personnel
In case of deceased owner:
- Certified copy of death certificate
- Certification letter from Kgosi, District Commissioner or a Court order indicating the legal beneficiary.
- Certified copy of the beneficiary’s applicable identity
Note: If there is a dispute the beneficiary shall be determined by a competent court of law
In case of Court order
- Writ of execution
- Copy of Court order (addressed to the Department of road transport and safety)
- Copy of notice of sale
For auctioned vehicles:
- Registration book completed and signed by both the current and new owners
- Proof of purchase
The costs involved are as follows;
- Individuals and Companies BWP 169.00
- Government ( Central Transport Organisation and Botswana Defence Force) auctioned vehicles prices will be determined by the vehicle weight.
Visit any of the Department of Road Transport and Safety around the country for assistance.
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.